Gerard “Gerry” McCaughey is considered one of the world’s foremost authorities on off-site construction for both residential and commercial structures. Named “Industry Entrepreneur of the Year” by Ernst and Young, McCaughey was an influential force in Europe’s continuing transition to off-site construction of wood frame homes with modern methods of construction (MMC) in factory-controlled environments. McCaughey is currently Chairman and CEO of California-based Entekra, which in transforming how homes are built in the United States with its Fully Integrated Off-Site Solution™ or FIOSS™.
Prior to co-founding Entekra, McCaughey was a co-founder and Chief Executive of Century Homes in Ireland, and later named Chief Executive of Kingspan Century following the $100 million acquisition of Century by the European building materials giant Kingspan Group Plc. At the time of its sale to Kingspan, Century Home’s unit production would place the company among the top five homebuilders in the United States based on volume.
- Creation of Europe’s largest off-site construction company, expanding it from a start-up of four employees to an organization with 700 employees and five manufacturing plants.
- Assembly of a management team for Entekra with unmatched experience and expertise in FIOSS; the team has collectively built nearly 175,000 homes for assembly in eight different countries.
- Development of “Lighthouse” – one of the world’s first zero net energy homes.
- Development of the world’s first off-site-built six-story structure for the UK’s Timber Frame 2000 research project.
- Multiple patents on technologies and methodologies related to off-site construction.